Discussion: general question.Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 7 posts

Posted Anonymously
general question.
Jan 13 2012, 9:09 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2012, 9:09 PM EST
I'm writing a book and it's based around this Addonexus lore and so i was wondering if you had any other background information, like the origin or what not? Would be greatly appreciated. 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
x-wolfhunter
x-wolfhunter
1. RE: general question.
Jan 14 2012, 6:15 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2012, 6:16 AM EST
"I'm writing a book and it's based around this Addonexus lore and so i was wondering if you had any other background information, like the origin or what not? Would be greatly appreciated."
Make up what you don't know.

And, as a general tip, authors usually like to correctly capitalize, punctuate, and form their sentences. Just saying. Maybe you should learn how to do this yourself?

A better version of your post might be:

"I'm writing a book. It's based on Addonexus lore, and I was wondering if you had any other background information, such as the origin. It would be greatly appreciated."
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
FlipFlopRagDoll
FlipFlopRagDoll
2. RE: general question.
Jan 14 2012, 7:54 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2012, 7:54 AM EST
x-wolfhunter,please,let him do it his way and not yours 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
x-wolfhunter
x-wolfhunter
3. RE: general question.
Jan 14 2012, 8:40 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2012, 8:40 AM EST
"x-wolfhunter,please,let him do it his way and not yours"
It's not "my way." It's the only way. If he can't write grammatically correct sentences, he won't sell his book. Cold hard facts of life.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. at Wolfhunter
Feb 27 2012, 6:30 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 27 2012, 6:30 PM EST
That is what an editor is for. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: general question.
Jun 8 2012, 6:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2012, 6:34 AM EDT
How do you know its even a guy? Are you always this ignorant? check your own **** before you go knocking on someone elses 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
vampirejediknight
vampirejediknight
6. RE: at Wolfhunter
Jun 10 2012, 9:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 10 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
"That is what an editor is for."
Technically, that's the job of a copy editor, not a regular editor.

And yes, wolfhunter is correct, you have to be able to write if you want to be a writer. Although, really, the only thing horribly wrong with his post was not capitilzing "I." Then again, I just had to delete more useless "slendman" threads, so you know what I've just come from.
Do you find this valuable?