Discussion: Mmm... I'm not sure where I posted this, but hell hounds?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 post

Ganman3
Mmm... I'm not sure where I posted this, but hell hounds?
Dec 18 2011, 5:46 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2011, 5:46 PM EST
They're real. No. I can't offer you definitive proof, but I saw one when I was 11 while on a camping retreat. I had a witness with me, and though we talked through the night about what we'd seen, he's probably forgotten the whole thing by now. We haven't spoken much since then.
The point is they exist. I'm not going to try to prove it to you. You can be a skeptic if you like. Black dogs and hell hounds are some of the most widely experienced creatures though. You can look at Greek and Egyptian mythology if you like. Or all of the folk tales involving malevolent black dogs and similar beasts (there are many).
There are many variations on what I saw, but the creature I saw was about as big as a large tent (I think... it's been a while, so memory might not be serving me right,) had massive, downward-sloping oval eyes that were fiery yellow to red in color, and was a pixelated- almost holographic- black in color. For a while, we didn't move when we ran into it. We didn't even look away. But after what felt like a very long time, and after it had sized us up, the thing simply vanished. The next morning, there were no footprints, and I checked- there's nothing native to the area that I could have possibly taken for the dog/ghost/whatever. I only found out about what I'd seen five or six years later, when I coincidentally stumbled upon it.
Anyway, I just thought you'd like a claim from somebody who could offer a more definitive rendering of what he'd seen. I don't have photos- even if I had a foresight, I'm not sure what would happen if I tried to photograph that. It might have been an image- a sort of momentary tear in the fabric of the universe. That's all speculative. But the mythology of this thing doesn't paint it in the most favorable light. Supposedly, it's killed people before.
There are weird things out there. This thing is real. Trust me.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Sign in to be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)