Discussion: wedigo`sReported This is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts
Spiritual1006
Spiritual1006
wedigo`s
Feb 9 2011, 9:08 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2011, 9:08 AM EST
Many people from northern michigan have been known to say they have seen this creature, both the lycanthropes or werewolves and Wendigos come from a Native American origin the Wendigo is suppose to be the lost soul of a tribes that failed given the ability to protect themselves against waring tribes they turn to Wendigos and eat the flesh of there enemies but are destined to walk the world alone. They are supreme hunters but will not kill unless you run, there have reports of campsites being shrouded in fog a wendigos trade mark they almost freeze you make you uncomfortable and then try to scare you into running this is the only time they will attack is when you begin to run. The canabalism is said to open you to the wendigo transformation because human flesh is its only desire, and becomeing that desire you become the thing that manifests its self of it. Being bitten or scratched is to my opinion out of the question, they dont stop when you run its over. There is no out running them. They are afraid of fire however, and its still common for campers to light fires to keep themselves safe at night from predators such as the wedigo. Old tradition fire doesnt protect you from bears or wolves. Ive read reports of campers who said all night they were plagued with a loud screeches and something running around there campsite so fast it was displacing the thick fog that rolled in before the attack but they didnt move until morning where they made haste back home. The only way to kill one is like its said torch it. 15  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: wedigo`s
Feb 9 2011, 3:56 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2011, 3:56 PM EST
no no no. a wendigo is native american. Native say the wendigo for whatever reason, the wendigo only attacks if you hear the wind calling your name, and you run from it. The wendigo is supposed to clutch you shoulder, and fly low with the wind, dragging you along the freezing cold ice and snow, the speed steadily accelerating by the second, until it burns your feet tto your ankles, only leaving a trail of ash and the footprints that you left as you tired to escape. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Spiritual1006
Spiritual1006
2. RE: wedigo`s
Feb 12 2011, 12:03 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 12 2011, 12:03 PM EST
You seem to know more on the subject then i do, i know they come from native american lore, i remeber my grandmother telling me about them as a child. Ive never heard of the wind calling your name in the Wendigo lore, its a rather interesting spin to it tho. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)