Discussion: how do you know?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 12 of 12  |  Show  posts at a time

Posted Anonymously
how do you know?
Jun 24 2010, 9:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2010, 9:18 AM EDT
I have a few questions of how you know these things. Not the first few paragraphs on dragons depicted in mythology, but on your own opinions of dragons. How do you know most dragons are brilliant? and also, did you know that dolphins may actual be as smart, if not smarter, than people in certain areas? such as language (though they don't have the right anatomy to be able to speak english or any other human language). Also, how do you KNOW dragons are warm-blooded? How do you know their eyes don't glow? Other creatures besides cats have eyes that glow. Most of them, or all that I've found to have excellent eyesight in the dark, have eyes that glow because of the reflection in the dark that allows them to see so well in dark. So, thinking about, dragon eyes should glow in the dark if they have good vision in the dark. I was just wondering because some of what your opinions consisted of seemingly facts without a real reason that you would know this unless you yourself had seen a dragon. Have you seen a dragon before? 4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Ebon_Moon
1. RE: how do you know?
Jun 24 2010, 11:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2010, 11:52 AM EDT
Many of the topics spoken about on the page are entitled 'Ideas and Theories'. Though, i do understand where you are coming from, they are spoken as if they are 100% proven facts. Besides, iv'e never liked Dragons, they are such a boring creature, oh no a big lizard...I have never been quite sure how, or why, people can say that they are beautiful, what is beautiful about a 80ft lizard with bat like wings, who breathes flame? Do you find this valuable?    
Dous777
Dous777
2. RE: how do you know?
Jun 27 2010, 1:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2010, 1:28 PM EDT
A unique view on it. I suppose if you take out the depictions of sparkling scales, whipping tails and glowing reptilian eyes then they would seem rather bland and ungainly. You wouldn't admire a komodo dragon dropping down on you, even with wings. Do you find this valuable?    

Ebon_Moon
3. RE: how do you know?
Jun 27 2010, 3:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
"A unique view on it. I suppose if you take out the depictions of sparkling scales, whipping tails and glowing reptilian eyes then they would seem rather bland and ungainly. You wouldn't admire a komodo dragon dropping down on you, even with wings."
Hehehe. A good point.
Do you find this valuable?    
freedragon10022
freedragon10022
4. RE: how do you know?
Jul 2 2010, 11:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 2 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
"I have a few questions of how you know these things. Not the first few paragraphs on dragons depicted in mythology, but on your own opinions of dragons. How do you know most dragons are brilliant? and also, did you know that dolphins may actual be as smart, if not smarter, than people in certain areas? such as language (though they don't have the right anatomy to be able to speak english or any other human language). Also, how do you KNOW dragons are warm-blooded? How do you know their eyes don't glow? Other creatures besides cats have eyes that glow. Most of them, or all that I've found to have excellent eyesight in the dark, have eyes that glow because of the reflection in the dark that allows them to see so well in dark. So, thinking about, dragon eyes should glow in the dark if they have good vision in the dark. I was just wondering because some of what your opinions consisted of seemingly facts without a real reason that you would know this unless you yourself had seen a dragon. Have you seen a dragon before?"
Let me start off with the Dolphin. The dolphin is smarter in terms of survival and underwater tracking (of schools of fish). The reason for why some people believe dolphins are smarter than us in more areas than those two, is because their brain is a bit larger than ours. However, the reason for their larger brain is due to the fact that they have a large portion of the brain dedicated solely for creating their sonar and being able to decode the sonar. therefore, in those terms their lenguage is limited but more sophisticated than ours.

As for the dragons that is much more symple. You yourselfcould figure it out without a degree of dragonology. Lets start with the blood. If dragons were cold blooded they would die, due to the fact that they would not be able to produce their own heat, and as such, they would have to relly on the sun to heat their bodies up to survive. BUT to warm up a creature as large as the dragon it(continued..)
freedragon10022
freedragon10022
5. RE: how do you know?
Jul 2 2010, 11:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 2 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
it would take so long that they would not be able to hunt and they would die of starvation, and they would not be able to fly due to an inefective circualtory system. Therefore they must be Warm blooded to just stay alive.

Now as for their Eyes: If their eyes did glow BY THEMSELVES (Like fire flys) they would be blind. The eye can see due to incoming line that enters the eye, reflects on the retina, and enters the optic nerve. If the eyes glowed, all one would see is constant white light because all the light of the eyes would be reflected on the retina and all you could see would be just whgite light. So it would be the same as being blind. Therefore their eyes CAN'T glow. They CAN however, reflect light, like a cat, or a wolf, or a dog does (look at the eyes of any of those animals at night. they SEEM to glow, but all they are doing is reflecting light back at you so that they can re absorb the light and see you better).

For the record, cats eyes Don't GLOW, they REFLECT Light. Look it up. or read it in a biology text book. they have special eye lining that allows them to do that. Dragons can do it to.

(continued.....)
freedragon10022
freedragon10022
6. RE: how do you know?
Jul 2 2010, 11:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 2 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
Lastly, yes I have. and please read throughly what I write in the page before you ask. I already explained all of this in the page. Do you find this valuable?    

Ebon_Moon
7. RE: how do you know?
Jul 2 2010, 12:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 2 2010, 12:33 PM EDT
It is not just Dolphins who may use sound to know where they are. Indeed, Humans maybe taught this, in England, a blind child has been taught how to use, loud clicking sounds to determine where he is, how close he is from an object and, he also knows what shape the object is. Fascinating stuff, really. Do you find this valuable?    
Dous777
Dous777
8. RE: how do you know?
Jul 3 2010, 10:17 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 3 2010, 10:17 AM EDT
That's amazing.

And I'm glad you're back Freedragon.
King's.Call
King's.Call
9. RE: how do you know?
Jul 10 2010, 5:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 10 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
I think the mighty dragon can not be binded down with pen and paper. The dragon we have see in our hearts and minds give us the knowledge of what is a dragon to that one indivual. For example:
If i say that a dragon had giant black horns, the dragon i see will have black horns.
It does sound confusing but what I'm trying to say is that it is hard to define a creature that we know mentally but not physically.
dragonsrreal13
dragonsrreal13
10. RE: how do you know?
Jul 11 2010, 5:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 11 2010, 5:26 AM EDT
"I have a few questions of how you know these things. Not the first few paragraphs on dragons depicted in mythology, but on your own opinions of dragons. How do you know most dragons are brilliant? and also, did you know that dolphins may actual be as smart, if not smarter, than people in certain areas? such as language (though they don't have the right anatomy to be able to speak english or any other human language). Also, how do you KNOW dragons are warm-blooded? How do you know their eyes don't glow? Other creatures besides cats have eyes that glow. Most of them, or all that I've found to have excellent eyesight in the dark, have eyes that glow because of the reflection in the dark that allows them to see so well in dark. So, thinking about, dragon eyes should glow in the dark if they have good vision in the dark. I was just wondering because some of what your opinions consisted of seemingly facts without a real reason that you would know this unless you yourself had seen a dragon. Have you seen a dragon before?"
This is a little odd,but certian people can see them.I have not seen one,but I have felt one near.For example,a pheonix was near me.Claw marks apeared on the wall.I told my cousin this and he cupped his hands to hold it.He said he felt something warm in his hands.Some people see them,all people can sense them.

Posted Anonymously
11. RE: how do you know?
Mar 27 2012, 4:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
one is near me and is on the library of my school but the one near is a black pheonix i can feel its presence surrounding this place in darkness and insanity
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)